LCR-Reader MP: Multipurpose LCR- and ESR-meter
More Features Than LCR-Reader and the Highest Basic Accuracy Yet
Available September 2017 from Siborg Systems Inc. Introductory price $388.99 USD. Pre-order from the LCR-Reader Store
LCR-Reader MP is the latest model in the LCR-Reader family. This device offers a vast array of features in extensive menus, a 0.1% basic accuracy, and 100 kHz test frequency that allows 1 nH resolution for inductance and 0.01 pF for capacitance measurements.
LCR-Reader MP offers all the same features as Smart Tweezers ST-1 while also including pulse counting, signal generation, frequency measurements, and oscilloscope mode.
This device is especially apt at testing very large capacitances up to 600 mF. It measures electrolytic capacitors at 120 Hertz with ESR measured at 100 kHz in accordance with the regular electrolytic capacitor test conditions. For Large Capacitance mode, the test frequency is reduced to 25 Hertz thus allowing to evaluate very large capacitances with reasonable accuracy. A wide range of adjustable test frequencies allow for optimal measurement conditions: 25, 100, 120 Hz, 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 75 and 100 kHz.
An oscilloscope mode is used to analyze voltage waveforms on active circuit boards with frequencies up to 100 kHz. This mode is also helpful in conjuncture with the Kelvin Probe Connector, turning the device into a full probe station.
Some downsides to the device are: rather high-test signal source resistance of 1 kOhm and a maximum test signal available of 0.65 Vrms which is not reliable evaluation of some ceramic capacitors resulting in lower than actual capacitance values.
LCR-Reader MP is twice the weight of LCR-Reader and Smart Tweezers devices at 2 oz., features a larger backlit display and uses a jog-wheel navigation. The device can be used by left or right-handed users. Menus are accessible by pushing the wheel to the right and down to select.
- Automatic LCR, Equivalent Series Resistance and Diode/LED measurement
- Basic accuracy better than 0.1%
- AC/DC voltage measurement up to 15 V
- Oscilloscope Transient Voltage display for up to 100 kHz
- Measurement of supercaps up to 680 mF
- Measurement of Frequency, Pulse period, Duty Cycle up to 400 kHz
- Signal Generator: Sine, Rectangle, Triangle pulse shapes up to 100 kHz
- Diode/LED and Continuity test
- Two Test Signal levels, Automatic Test Signal Reduction to 0.1 V for in-circuit measurement
- Test frequencies of 25, 100, 125 Hz, 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 75, and 100 kHz
- Easy Short/Open Calibration, Offset Removal
- Handling of components as small as 0201 size (about 0.3 mm)
- Display of active and reactive impedance components
- Just 2 Oz (60 grams) weight
- Li-Ion Battery, USB Charger